Rediscover Shantae’s latest adventure with four new modes and more in this free content update!
The “Spectacular Superstar” update for Shantae and the Seven Sirens is here! The new, free content update has begun to roll out on digital storefronts as of today and should soon be available for download on all platforms for which Shantae and the Seven Sirens is currently offered, including Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Apple Arcade. The “Spectacular Superstar” update delivers four new modes – Definitive Mode, Full Deck Mode, Rule Breaker Mode, and Beginner Mode – as well as extra story content and optional convenience features for the fifth and most recent entry in the fan-favorite Shantae series. A new trailer showcasing all the additions can be seen here!
With the release of the “Spectacular Superstar” update, there are now five ways to experience the game:
• Definitive Mode: A more challenging “director’s cut” that features classic Shantae difficulty, with rebalanced item drops and magic consumption, as well as more-intense boss fights and new dialog with the Sirens before each battle.
• Full Deck Mode: Definitive Mode with a twist. Start with all 50 Monster Cards to customize Shantae’s abilities to your liking.
• Rule Breaker Mode: Definitive Mode without limits. You can equip up to 50 Monster Cards at once to gain ultimate power.
• Beginner Mode: Definitive Mode made simple. This easy mode makes it impossible to lose! Perfect for newcomers or those who just want to explore the world and enjoy the story.
• Legacy Mode: Experience the game in its original, unaltered form.
Further enhancements across all modes include improved dialog and the addition of map objectives and game hints, which can be toggled on or off via the Pause Menu. And if you want even more challenge, the unlockable Hula Costume (which offers more powerful magic in exchange for lower defense) is usable in all modes after the player has beaten the game at least once.
Shantae and the Seven Sirens is rated T by the ESRB and priced at $29.99, and if you haven’t played it yet, there’s never been a better time! For more information about the game, please visit the Shantae and the Seven Sirens page here, and for news on other WayForward titles, please visit the rest of www.wayforward.com.