It’s time for a “Shantae Summer Surprise”! Starting July 31st 2018, ALL versions of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will receive a FREE content update that brings an all-new Jammies Mode and Blaster Master Zero Transformation Dance!
Available Now – links below!
Shantae embarks on her first full HD adventure! When a mysterious crime wave sweeps Sequin Land, it’s up to Half-Genie Hero Shantae to save the day! Use Shantae’s devastating Hair-Whip Attack to send monsters flying, or Belly Dance to transform her into more powerful forms! Topple the masterminds behind each criminal caper and prepare for the ultimate showdown against Shantae’s arch nemesis – the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots!
**As of July 2018 – Shantae Jammie Mode! Enjoy playing a brand new adventure in naught but your jam-jams! Pillow fight your foes, float on a dream-like cloud, and deploy sleepy sheep projectiles to deal huge damage! Also included is a new bonus Transformation Dance for use in the main Shantae adventure – change into Sophia III from Blaster Master Zero and blast enemies to bits! This update is free for all versions of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (both the base version and Ultimate Edition) – all territories on every gaming platform! It’s our free gift to all of you for supporting Shantae: Half-Genie Hero!
- Shantae’s trademark moves return! Dance to transform into all-new and classic creatures, or summon magical attacks! Over a dozen dances to discover!
- New Relic System allows players to unlock new powers and customize moves for Shantae and her many forms!
- Conquer arcade-style action stages that unfold into a full world to explore. Fast action and quest-style exploration rolled into one!
- When Shantae’s story ends, you’re just getting started! DLC Modes introduce new characters, levels, and bosses!
- Huge Bosses, humorous dialogue, and the wonderfully weird Shantae cast return, now in fully animated HD!
- Retail versions published by Xseed, North America for PS4, PSVita and Wii U. Switch Retail coming soon!
“After 20 years of working on the Shantae series (for Game Boy, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS), this will be her first outing that’s been created for home consoles! The dev team has brought Sequin Land to life using an exciting new visual style that mixes 3D environments and hand drawn characters. It’s a labor of love that was funded by fans and developed with fans – but made for everyone to enjoy! On behalf of WayForward and our Backers, we can’t wait to show you what we’ve created together!”
–Matt Bozon, Shantae Director
For Press inquiries please contact us at PR[at]WayForward[dot]com. For a Fan Press Kit, download the kit here.